Find Your Course Sites
You may be able to find your course sites on your UVACanvas Dashboard or under the Courses menu. If one of your courses does not display there:
- Mark Your Courses as Favorites.
- Open the Courses menu and select All Courses at the bottom.
- Mark your desired courses as favorites by following the steps in How do I customize my Courses list as a student?
- After doing this, unfavorited sites will no longer be displayed on your Dashboard, but can be accessed from the All Courses page.
- Check if Your Course Site Has Been Published.
The All Courses page will display all of the UVACanvas sites where you have been added. Some of these sites may be unpublished and not available to students.
How do I...
Get the Canvas App
Canvas offers a mobile app where you can quickly view grades and announcements and send messages.
- If you are new to the Canvas mobile app: During set-up, search for “University of Virginia” or "UVA."
- If you have used the Canvas mobile app before:
- Open the Canvas Student app.
- Follow the steps in How do I switch to another account in the Student app on my iOS device? or How do I switch to another user account in the Student app on my Android device? and select Find another school.
- Search for “University of Virginia” or "UVA."
Please note: Students should not use the Canvas mobile app for taking exams and quizzes. Review the Essential Tips for Taking Online Tests in UVACanvas for more information.