UVACollab to UVACanvas Equivalency Chart
UVACollab to UVACanvas Tool Equivalency Chart
This equivalency chart can help instructors and teaching assistants find steps to accomplish tasks in UVACanvas that they used to do in UVACollab.
Note: If you are looking to use a tool from UVACollab that is not mentioned below, please contact the Learning Technology Services (LTS) Team to request assistance.
Tip: Before getting started, see the following articles to familiarize yourself with UVACanvas:
- Visit your sites: How do I use the Global Navigation Menu as an instructor?
- Access tools in a site: How do I use the Course Navigation Menu as an instructor?
- Find and reuse content from UVACollab: Checklist for Reusing Content from UVACollab
Integrated External Tools
External tools that were integrated into UVACollab, such as Media Gallery, Online Meetings (Zoom), and UVA Bookstore Inclusive Access are also available in UVACanvas. For a list of currently available tools, see the Integrated Tools page.
For steps to add one of these tools to your course, see one of the following articles:
- Tools that link in your Course Navigation Menu (e.g., Media Gallery, Online Meetings, Panopto Video): How do I manage Course Navigation links?
- Tools for activities students submit (e.g., Gradescope, H5P, Peerceptiv): How do I add an external tool assignment in UVACanvas?
Most external tools work very similarly in Canvas to how they did in UVACollab. Some of these tools have new or improved features in Canvas.
|UVACollab Tool||Equivalent in UVACanvas||Help Guides|
|Anonymous Feedback||Anonymous Feedback|
|Gradebook||Grades: View your gradebook items in a table format.
Assignments: Manage your gradebook categories (now assignment groups) and gradebook items in Assignments.
Sections: Make assignments or assessments only available to specific groups of students, assign different due dates to different groups, or create accessibility accommodations.
Groups: For creating group projects or assignments where multiple students make a single submission as a group.
|Import from Site||Course Import|
|Posted Feedback||Posted Feedback|
|Rich Text Editor||Rich Content Editor|
People: View a list of everyone in your course with their course sections and profile photos.
Photo Roster: View students' official UVA photos, sort and filter students by section in a course with multiple section rosters, hide student names to practice them, export a list of students with their email addresses.
|Tests & Quizzes||Quizzes|
|Web Link||Redirect Tool|