For Instructors: Welcome to UVACanvas!
Canvas has been selected as our central learning management system (LMS).
Our version of Canvas, UVACanvas, will facilitate and support teaching and learning across a variety of instructional settings, and will seamlessly integrate the tools that many of you have come to rely on in recent years – such as Kaltura, Gradescope, and Zoom.
View the UVACanvas Transition Plan
UVA has selected UVACanvas as our new central learning management system based upon the platform's ease of use and projected ease of transition and adoption. Our move to UVACanvas will take place over multiple semesters, with the first schools using UVACanvas in Spring 2023.
Please view the Transition Plan to learn more about when your school or department will begin using UVACanvas and how your course sites will be migrated to the new system.
Access Your UVACanvas Workspace
A UVACanvas workspace is a personal sandbox for instructors to:
- Test course site setup.
- Practice tool functionality.
- Create content that can be imported into their official SIS-rostered course sites.
- Play around with UVACanvas without affecting learners enrolled in your regular classes.
- 1. Log in to your UVACanvas account.
Visit UVACanvas -- you can also use the UVACanvas Login button at the top right of this page -- and log in through NetBadge.
- 2. Select “Workspace Course” under Unpublished Courses in your Dashboard.
- 3. Need help? Don't see a workspace?
- Not seeing a workspace in your dashboard? Instructors can request a workspace.
Need help? Click Help in the left-hand navigation. Search the Canvas Guides and Training Services Portal are great resources to help get you started.
Get the Canvas App
During set-up, search for “University of Virginia” or "UVA."
Please note: Canvas recommends students do not use the Canvas mobile app for taking exams and quizzes. Use the desktop app and ensure a secure internet connection for the best experience.
View Training & Resources
Available 24/7, the Canvas Guides and Training Portal offers how-to guides and live remote and on-demand training for all aspects of Canvas use.
- Canvas Online Training Paths for Instructors: Training Services Portal resources geared toward Instructors to learn how to best leverage Canvas’ features and functionality (you must be a current Canvas user logged in to Canvas to access this link).
- Instructor Community Resources: Access Canvas Instructor guides and videos in a searchable interface via the Canvas Community.
- LinkedIn Learning Canvas Course: Videos available on a variety of topics for Instructors getting started with Canvas.
- Growing with Canvas: Combination of videos and guides geared to help Instructors expand their use of Canvas.
Live Training Events Coming Soon!